Personal Information Collection
While shopping or taking advantage of purchasing services available through biffle, you may be asked to provide personal information when you:
Set up an account;
Schedule a delivery;
Contact biffle with a question or concern; and
Participate in collaborative activities.
Personal information including your contact name and phone numbers, email address, billing and shipping information will be collected.
Certain information regarding your interactions with our Website using cookies or clickstream technology will also be collected (See section Section 4 Security Technology). Certain information will be collected and stored whenever you interact with the Website. For example, like many websites, the biffle Website uses(attaches?) “cookies” and collects certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Website.
Uses of Information
The primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that your personal information may be used by biffle to:
1. provide the purchasing services and customer support you request;
2. resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
3. prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce biffle’s Terms and Conditions;
4. customize, measure and improve our services and other content;
5. tell you about biffle’s services based on your communication preferences; and
6. compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties (e.g. Payment Processors).
In certain circumstances, biffle may need to share your information with certain third parties to perform certain services, such as purchasing and shipping, on your behalf. biffle does not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. All private information is intended for internal operations and history.
Sharing Private Information
When biffle shares your information with other companies to help provide services to you, biffle will require those companies to comply with all applicable legal requirements regarding the privacy of your information.
Protection of biffle and Others
biffle may also share your personal information with:
1. Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
2. Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history; and
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and biffle’s ability to keep the biffle Marketplace and eCommerce community free from bad actors, biffle will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when biffle believes in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
biffle will use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and appropriately limit third-party access to it. biffle cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to biffle by e-mail, and you do so at your own risk.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters and do not disclose your biffle password to anyone. When you create an account on biffle you are required to establish a password. To maximize your level of protection, you should choose at least 6-30 characters, using a combination of both letters and numbers. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify biffle and change your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
biffle uses a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions in the biffle Marketplace. The Website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects the information that you submit via the biffle Website such as ordering information including your name, address, bank account and credit card account number. Your information is stored on biffle servers located in the United States. Your data is an asset that must be protected and biffle will use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although biffle works very hard to protect your privacy, biffle does not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
biffle uses a third party to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information. Although these cookies may contain a unique user ID, they do not collect or store any personally identifiable information.
You may choose to set your web browser to not accept cookies. However, without enabling your cookies, you will not be able to create an account, or make purchases through the biffle Marketplace or to collaborate.
1. Cookies are used to help identify you and maintain your signed-in status;
2. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session; and
3. You are always free to decline to accept cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Website.
The biffle web server automatically collects clickstream information such as the address (or URL) of the website that you came from before visiting the Website; which pages you visit on the Website; which browser you used to view the Website; and any search terms you may have entered on the Website, among other things.
The Website may also use other technologies to track which pages you view. This anonymous clickstream data provides our Members with a better experience and helps biffle understand how Members and visitors use the Website.
Other Important Information
Privacy of Children
biffle is committed to protecting the privacy of children. biffle does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
19. You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to biffle. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts except to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
21. Links to other websites.
22. While you are using the Website, you may be linked or directed to other third party websites outside of the Website that are beyond biffle‘s control. These third parties may have privacy policies different from biffle. biffle is not responsible for any actions or policies of the third parties. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third party websites before providing personally identifiable information.
How To Contact Us